How to Get Started
Free Initial Estate Planning Consultation
Call us at (847) 991-2250 to set up a free initial estate planning consultation with an attorney at our office to discuss and evaluate your estate planning needs. There is no charge for the initial consultation — only a flat-fee for the actual preparation and execution of your estate planning documents, assistance with re-titling of assets and preparation of beneficiary designations. Please feel free to call for an estimated fee range quote based on a brief assessment of your situation. We are available for some weeknight and Saturday appointments by request.
We also are able to review your existing estate planning documents. Document review and recommendations are generally billed at the attorney’s standard hourly rate.
Our Estate Planning Process
The comprehensive estate planning process with the Law Offices of Jeffrey R. Gottlieb, LLC typically proceeds as follows:
- Call us at (847) 991-2250 or contact us to discuss any initial questions about estate planning and to schedule an appointment to meet for a consultation with Jeff or Bob at our office (or at another location, if necessary).
- Complete a confidential estate planning information form and bring with you to your estate planning consultation meeting at our office.
- At your initial consultation, which typically takes 1 to 1.5 hours, we discuss your specific needs and goals and estate planning options to determine the structure of your estate plan and the documents and provisions that you want implemented.
- Once we know what we are going to do, we will provide you with a written fee disclosure agreement detailing our flat-fee for the proposed services to be provided.
- After your sign the fee disclosure agreement and provide the applicable retainer payment (usually one-half of total flat-fee), we begin preparing your estate planning documents.
- Generally within two weeks, we will send (your choice via regular mail, secured e-mail PDF’s or pickup) you a full draft of all of your documents, along with a letter of explanation, for your review.
- After you review your documents, you may then call us with any questions or changes.
- After any questions and changes are addressed, you schedule an appointment to come back to our office to fully execute your estate planning documents. We provide the necessary witnesses and notary at our office.
- At the “execution” (it really does not hurt that much), if trusts are involved, we provide all necessary paperwork and instructions to assist you with transferring assets into your trust(s). For real estate, we will prepare the necessary deeds. For assets with beneficiary designations, we generally complete those forms for you at no additional charge. For clients executing trusts, we will also provide you with a convenient Trust ID wallet card to instruct financial institutions on the title of the trust. The back of the wallet ID card is our business card to enable you to conveniently call us with questions or for assistance. We will also provide you with a thumb drive containing copies of your fully executed documents and other important papers.
- After your documents have been executed, we will record deeds and submit change of beneficiary forms to financial institutions.
- After the conclusion of our estate planning engagement, you are welcome to contact us if you have any further questions, need additional assistance or wish to amend your documents in the future.
We enjoy working with estate planning clients of all types, backgrounds and ages, from small estates to large estates, traditional and non-traditional relationships. To schedule a free initial estate planning consultation, please call us at (847) 991-2250 or contact us online.