Please Nominate This Blog for the 2015 ABA Journal Blawg 100
Do you like this blog? If so, may I ask a favor?
Please nominate this blog for the 2015 ABA Journal ‘Blawg 100.’ “Friend-of-the-blawg” nominations are due on or before August 16, 2015.
The nomination form can be found and completed at this link —> NOMINATE OUR BLOG HERE
It’s really easy, too.
Blawg URL: www.illinoisestateplan.com/blog
The form asks for a direct link to a recent post from the blog. May I suggest one of:
Only blogs listed in the ABA Journal’s Directory may be nominated. Mine is listed here as “Plan for the Road Ahead.” You can also nominate multiple different blogs.
The ABA Journal has this to say about the nomination process:
About Blawg 100 Amici
Bloggers, by all means tell your readers about Blawg 100 Amici and invite them to send us messages on behalf of your blog.
But please know that we discourage amici from:
• Bloggers who nominate their own blogs or nominate blogs to which they have previously contributed posts.
• Employees of law firms who nominate blogs written by their co-workers.
• Public relations professionals in the employ of lawyers or law firms who nominate their clients’ blogs.
• Pairs of bloggers who have clearly entered into a quid pro quo agreement to nominate each other.
There is no specific criteria that a blogger can meet to be guaranteed a spot on the Blawg 100. And we think our list would suffer if there were. A blog’s whole can be greater than the sum of its parts, and a blog that never fails to post that daily update, has a beautiful design and an unwavering topical focus can very often have less of an impact than another blog that is less consistent on all fronts.
That said, please keep these criteria in mind when submitting Blawg 100 amici:
• We’re primarily interested in blogs in which the author is recognizable as someone working in a legal field or studying law in the vast majority of his or her posts.
• The blog should offer insights into the practice of law and be of interest to legal professionals or law students.
• The majority of the blog’s content should be unique to the blog and not cross-posted or cut and pasted from other publications.
• We are not interested in blogs that more or less exist to promote the author’s products and services.
So if you have the chance, I’d definitely appreciate the nod. Anybody can nominate, both lawyers and non-lawyers, and the form can easily be completed in a couple of minutes. Thanks!